Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cowgirl turns Eighteen

Just recently, our dentist asked me to make a cake for her turning 18 year old daughter, which is quite a big deal if you ask any girl in this country. It is that day when the little girl turns into a lady in everybody's eyes, most especially the parents. It is that age that a girl becomes "of legal age" and has the license to most things adult-like. 

Cake/Cupcake Tower went well. The only thing i would say that killed me was making the cowgirl hats. Originally planned on making 100pcs but I really didn't have enough time - day job hits, but aside from that I enjoyed doing the rest. I loved the lolly cupcake toppers. It made the whole act livelier and prettier. Also the pink sugar, I think i just looked very pretty to me.

I love love love doing cakes. It's a learning process for me. I'm self thought. I imagine myself playing with clay when I was a little kid, which by the way, I was never really great at but seems to me I get quite fancy results for fondant and gumpaste. 

Cake making is as tedious as it looks like. But for me, it all boils down to satisfying the people who trusted you the cake on their special moments and more importantly satisfying myself, knowing that after every cake made, I get better, know better, and ready for the next one.


Gumpaste Cowgirl Hats


As requested, Red Velvet Cupcakes!

With Cream Cheese Frosting

Confetti Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream. The pink sugar makes it look like it glitters.



Cupcake Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment